Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dinner for My Chef

006
The Chef and I have been craving Asian food lately.  I finally decided to make some since we aren’t aware of many places here.  We sure miss our hot spot back in Cali, Noah’s Hof Brau (yes, it’s Asian food) it was the best.  Eh, homemade is better.
Call what you want but it’s chicken with a side of my own version of fried rice (RAMEN).  Yes, Ramen.  Don’t knock it till you try it.  This is something that I’ve made for years now, it’s easy to make and good.  The chicken on the other hand is something new.  I decided to use some of my favorite Asian sauces as a marinade.  To add a special treat, we tried some of our Pickled Radishes we made a while back. (I’ll post about that a little later)
Dinner was a hit!  My Chef who said, “I wasn’t even that hungry,” had two large servings and so did the kids.  This was quite the tasty dish.  I’ll definitely be making it again.
For the chicken marinade I used:
Oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, a splash of fish sauce, Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing, honey, Sriracha (I love this stuff), garlic, salt, and pepper.
I marinated the chicken with half the sauce.  Then I made a reduction with the rest to top it with.
For the Fried Ramen I use:
RAMEN (of course), diced carrots, onion, peas, soy sauce, a little oyster sauce, egg, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
005 This was the Pickled Radishes. (Post soon to come)  They went well with my dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment