Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fireflies

182 

Imagine yourself out in the open on a moon lit, warm summer night.  Free as a child to roam around.  You stand in awe as you begin to see the flickers of light come toward you.  They are just so beautiful, you are captured by the off beat gleams of light.  For the first time ever I'm experiencing the magic of fireflies.

My somewhat recent experience at the Phoenix Art Museum brought me back to my first firefly experience as a child, only a bit more colorful. 

183

Being from California, I had never experienced such wonder.  Not until I was 7 anyway, when I went back east to visit my grandparents.

I love it when you get that nostalgic déjà vu feeling that brings you back to a great childhood memory.  This exhibit was amazing!

Phx Art Museum exhibit:   

“You who are getting obliterated in the dancing swarm of fireflies”  By Yayoi Kusama

Photo credit to: MadManCheffer

No comments:

Post a Comment